The Cathedral High School, Richmond Road, Bangalore

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (34 votes, average: 3.47 out of 5)

Cathedral is one of those rare and distinguished educational institutions in Bangalore that blends the best of a very long history – and a rich heritage – with cutting-edge innovations in contemporary educational resources and management. Founded in 1866 by the Rev. S.T. Pettigrew, a Cambridge-educated Anglican missionary, this institution has been offering a life-transforming education to students from every social class for over fourteen decades. Rev. Pettigrew, incidentally, also founded the Bishop Cotton’s School, Bangalore at about the same time.

The Cathedral High School

63, Richmond Road,

Bangalore – 560 025

India

Phone: 080 – 2557 2656 or 2536 2085

www.cathedralbangalore.com

ICSE

Management

Cutting-edge innovations in contemporary educational resources and management. Founded in 1866 by the Rev. S.T. Pettigrew, a Cambridge-educated Anglican missionary

Pre- School to 10th Standard

• The many buildings on campus offer excellent facilities to Cathedralites: spacious well-lit and well-furnished classrooms, well-equipped laboratories for all the science disciplines, audio-visual rooms and seminar rooms, computer rooms equipped with the latest and most sophisticated systems, a very big library, a large auditorium that can seat a thousand people, a multipurpose pavilion, a playing area with the latest play equipment for the K.G. children, a large swimming pool, good basketball courts, a multipurpose gym and, of course, the Pettigrew Playing Field, the school’s vast playground.

• Sports and other activities

Phone: 080 – 2557 2656 or 2536 2085

36 Responses to “The Cathedral High School, Richmond Road, Bangalore”
  1. faiz says:

Hello,
    My Son’s name is short-listed for LKG.
    Going by the comments i dont see any positive comments about the school
    Can you please advise whether to go for this school or not..

Thanks and Regards
    Faizan

2. RAMAIAH says:

VERY MUCH TRUE CORPORATION SCHOOLS ARE BETTER, AS THEY HAVE A BETTER UNIFORM, BETTER TEACHING, BETTER HANDWRITING HERE THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS DOES NOT NO CURSIVE WRITING, NO DICTATION, AND THE TEACHERS HAVE NOT MADE THE STUDENTS TO READ THEIR TEXT BOOKS THEY DONT KNOW THE SPELLINGS ETC., ITS PROVEN PLEASE CHECK THE ANSWER PAPERS OF THE ANY STUDENT IN THE ENTIRE SCHOOL FROM FIRST STANDARD TO HIGH SCHOOL THEY HAVE NOT TAUGHT CURSIVE HANDWRITING
    MY REQUEST IS PLEASE DONT PUT YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL, MY CHILDS LIFE HAS ALREADY SPOILT,I DONT WANT OTHERS TO SUFFER LIKE ME, ATLEAST BY READING THIS LET THE SCHOOL LEARN TO TEACH THE VALUE OF HANDWRITING, SPELLINGS, READING, ETC., AND TO SPEAK A GOOD ENGLISH

3. unanimous says:

The cathedral school is 1) Every year they change new uniform,but couldnot provide till September end.this is ridicoulus.
    2) portions are very old.they teach 4th standard portions to a 7th standard ward.
    3) Teachers are just reading books.they are not explain anything in detail.If any body asks ,they simply scould.
    4) while exams are near they will be in hurry to complete portion.but childrens will be in stress.

4. Parent3 says:

It is with great shock and disappointment I wish to bring to the notice of parents, teachers, management and specially the principal of School the pathetic conditions of toilets here. They are perpetually filthy without being cleaned for weeks (I guess this from what I gather from my daughters) and to top it all there is no water available let alone the facility of a flush! Even the public pay & use lavatories by the roadside have the basic amenity of water and are cleaned atleat twice a day and a prestigious school like BCGS beats even a government run school in its filthiness! Children don’t drink water thoughout the day for the fear of using these toilets and older girls suffer especially when they have their menstrual cycles. I hope this message reaches the principal and she conducts a visit to the toilets (middle and senior school especially) to see for herself the unhygienic condition of the toilets.

5. suhashini ruban says:

I did my school and college in this institution its the best place to be in. Maybe its not the same has it was 4years back but i’m sure its the still the best school in Bangalore. :-)

6. Sarthak VERMA says:

I think the skool is becoming worse as the new principal has come she dose not have interest in any extra curricular activites I can say this because I still study in this school 8th STD

7. divya says:

I hav heard they hav monthly test of each subjects or do they hav unit test and how many test and exams do they hav in a year . Is the child burdened with studies and home work too much?

8. Abid Ahmed says:

Hi My Son is studying in UKG here in this school the portions are hard for this small kids please reduce the portion.

9. i will not write my name says:

people strict warning i have experienced these conditions and they are extremely dangerous dont get your child admitted in this school otherwise his future is dark ,,, there is no interest taken on studies, the whole day the students get to play, teachers need to learn manners first, and then teach the students…
    oh no its pathetic
    first u do advance payment and after 8 months u get a local quality shirt and pant
    which can tear any moment this school knows only how to make money…../
    nothing else ,,PLZ TRY SOME OTHER SCHOOLS IN BANGALORE NORTH THANKYOU…

10. aditi says:

hi
    i was a teacher in one of the reputed schools in banglore
    i shall tell u why the teacher are become like this careless, etc
    1. teachers are not being paid properly
    2. they are not given any appreciation for the extra effort they take

i used to take so much pain for taking extra remedial classes …bringing extra material ,etc …but i was proved to be a fool …..the other told me why do u struggle so much ….no body shall bother

i was committed a salary of 8k which itself is way tooo less and the school would end up giving me 3000 only ….saying some extra ordinary deduction
    soon i got bugged up within 3 month i left the job and i got a god job in a mnc where im paid 30,000/- a month
    u only say why would ii work for peanuts in schools
    this is the problem in entire banglore good teachers or precisely people are not paid their worth by the schools so they better opt for office jobs ,etc …..
    next you go for admission please make a point you ask the admin hoe much salary they give to the teachers

11. sweatha says:

now i totally disagree with the above statement, cos i have faced worst experience with tis school and decided to pullout my child.
    hope many and many have desided the same..
    Plese suggest some school wher i can elroll my kid for second term?
    thanks in advance.

12. sweatha says:

very very true that the school is realy worst not worth to enroll any kid in this school… few months back i had given a positive reply but no i was wrong this year it is worst… till today no uniforms, no ID cards, all incomplet class works, worst than all my kid is no more intrested in studies. i wonder whst Primece is doining. i have decided to pull my kid out of this mess. teachers are not checking the notes at all even after taking many leaves teachers dont even know & no leave letter required.
    may they dont even have a count of kids hope. i am really worried and repent that i enrolled my kid in this sschool.

13. Thanya Singh says:

My child is studying in 7th D. I wonder what the teachers do because the portions are not completed yet for the exams starting from 28th onwards. Physics, Biology, Kannada III lan, Computer etc notes are not given sill. Books are not corrected only few notes are corrected. Children are left outside to play always, or the teachers are absent often. How will the weak children prepare within 3-4 days? This is nonsense I say. If my child is failed I will publish in media, I have all the details,information to screw their happiness. Teachers are old brats lazy I would say.It will be better if the principle appoints young people who can teach children. TEACHING IS BETTER IN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS THAN THIS SCHOOL AS PER MY EXPERIENCE. VERY DISAPPOINTMENT.

14. Teacher’s are veryyy slow in teaching. Portions are not completed yet and portions are not given for exam which is starting from 29th of September, onwards. Notes are not correct properly, spelling mistakes are ignored. And it is very sad to say that mark sheet of 1st Unit Test is still not given. ID cards are not given yet. I would say PATHETIC!

15. selvi says:

I wanted to know the age limit for LKG and also what is the fees structure in the cathedral school when the application is issued.Pl. mail me all these details waiting for the reply.

Thanks,

16. Sunitha says:

Hi, The School is tHe best i am a parent and i find education is really good not only education but others as well ” my daughters was Intovert and was not talking to any one” i has communicated this with the class teacher and now my daughters communicates what ever she wants to and teachers take individual attenction. They teach the moral and to respect elders, 1st standard kids know what is right and what is wrong children are so focused. teachers are doing a wonderfull job…now my baby is in 4th so all this years have not find any issues with regards to teachers or teaching…

17. Sanjana says:

Verrry Disappointment.

No notes corrected.
    No test.
    No revision.
    No annual day.
    No sports day.
    No extra curricular activities.
    No ID cards issued.
    Teachers are on leave often.
    Lazzzy Hindi Teacher for VI std.
    Start making principal / Supervisor accessible to the
    Parents via email .

I strongly suggest you all not to put your children in this school.

18. Babu says:

Same here..it makes me feel if I have put my child into the right school. Teachers are on leave often n when present it seems they talk about their personal queries and cry in front of the kids and utter lazy to teach kids, no notes corrected, no test, no revision….even the smallest schools with no proper facilities have such good coaching..but here it is pathetic..No annual day, no sportz day, No extra curicular activities for Kids, Kids are not motivated, not thought discipline, ID is given at the end of an year(for wht?? to keep it safe at home is it)..Is tat the way you run a school?? I really wonder wht principle is doing there..as you mentioned after Mr zakharia left its worst..PLEASE DONT PUT YOUR CHILD HERE..

19. Shehnaz says:

Im so dissappointed with this school.
    To start with i agree with the parents dissappointment
    The uniforms are the worst in quality and especially
    with the style and colours. Please what kind of
    a pathetic excuse is this for a uniform.
    I was happy that they changed the shoes but why couldnt
    they be sensible and keep it black ( at least it would
    make it look better than the white shoes or should i say
    brown shoes).
    This is one school that has 3 diff uniforms for 5 days

Every other school has improved by making it
    easy to get in touch with the principal via email
    even the faculty but this school is so backward
    with the most senseless rules like having take the
    unaccessible principal’s permission to see the answer
    sheets. How r we supposed to help our kids
    if we have to jump through these circus hoopes
    to help our kids.

Now there r some really great teachers and some teachers
    who has been there for years who after the experience
    doesn’t seem to know how to address 7 yr old kids
    without the usual threats of slapping etc.

First these teachers need training in kindness
    We send our kids to school to get an all round
    education in manners and ethics. But unfortunately
    the few teachers in this school dont even know
    the meaning of it.

There r few very gd teachers who do not get the
    right kind of support.

Its like gamble u never knw if ur child will be lucky
    to get the few gd teachers or be unlucky with the
    threatning ones.

If the management of this school is least bit interested
    Pls change ur stupid rules and train ur teachers
    to be kinder to the young kids.
    please for heaven sake get some life into the school
    uniforms ( in colour , quality and design.)

Start making principal more accessible to the
    Parents via email .
    Lots more to write but wondering if the principal
    ever bothers to read these or not.

Most parents do not want to voice their opnion about the problems as they do not want their child to be picked on . Its a joke when u open the comments book on open day where 99% of the time parents write
    Good teachers , excellent teacher ( i know this as ive spoken to some of these parents )
    I dont blame them but feel sorry as even today we live like hypocrites. Teach our children about stating the tuth when we dont seem to have the guts to do it.

Please research properly before u admit ur precious kids in this school.

Sent from my iPad

Ramaiah Reply:

I really appreciate your openhearted feedback that is really true

20. Ramaiah says:

I really dont understand what is happening in the school after Mr. John K Zakaria transfered so many things have been changed the payment sheduled has changed they ask the parents of get DDs and also ask for the ECS facilities, the uniform given for childrens this year was the worst quality, for the past 3 years the childrens are not getting thier Id cards there is no class group photos many more I think they can do better

21. gopika says:

cathedral high school is the best school in bangalore as i have been studying there since LKG . the teachers are best .

22. Sumathi says:

Useless teacher’s and blunt management. They don’t correct the students notes, they don’t complete the positions, they don’t give revision test, no spelling test and no leave note is required, it is waste of writing leave letter no one bothers. My daughter is studying in VI and first term examination is going on and is very disappointing to say that no teachers gave revision test, when asked about the revision on parents teacher meeting the class teacher Jenny said yes all the teachers will give revision 1 week before the examination but nothing happened. No one bothered and no one gave the revision. What for teachers they are getting handsome salary. What is the principal doing? I think she only wants to collect the fess, being a christian she should realize that how much parents are spending on children. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE… PLEASE DO NOT ADMIT YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL.

23. janki says:

d teachers r not dedicated lyk d teachers of odr schools!! dey r least bothered about students progress! class work note books are not corrected at ol! d teachers just wanna complete d portion n neva mind if d students understand, dey ask them put down their heads if they dont want 2 listen 2 them, and cover their faces if they dont want 2 c d teacher’s face! d gents teachers mis behave wid d students, if complained, actions r not taken!! kindly dont admit your ward in d school!!!

24. Niveditha says:

Itis one of the best ICSC schools in bangalore. Children are guided well and Teachers are Level headed and take care of their students well.

25. veni says:

i want an admission for my son class 2nd and i want to know fees structure

26. jeff says:

ur right,its a very gud sch where quality education is imparted.

27. Liji says:

Would like to know the fee structure and donation of Cathedral School, Bangalore. Presently in mumbai and looking for admissions for Sr. Kg and VI std. Please help.

28. ganesh says:

Hi, I have very bad experience after the principal Mr. Zechariah has been transfered, Teachers are not responding very well, as one of my friend had went for open day of the school where the class teacher says that if u want a brilliant student u have to go for intercast marriage only then ur child will be good in class, and others incident is when parents went to meet the class teacher as their son was not able to write the revision question given on the board,the teacher reply was what can i do when he is not writing should i hold his hand and ask him to write. the poor performance of the school teacher i do not what the management is doing are they sleeping.

two teacher sit in one class and ask the students lay down their head and they chit chat their personal matters. I would strongly advice not to go for admission of this school.

29. BHARATHI says:

i dont know anything about this school, still i wanted to know the fee structure of this school for LKG and ist standard because i wanted to admit my kids, basically i am middle class woman, i want my kids to be very well at studies. please give me a details of fee so that it will help me wether i wanted to admit my kids of not.
    bharthi

30. Anusha s rai says:

CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL IS THE BEST.
    I AM IN 6 th STANDARD AND I HAVE STUDIED IN CATHEDRAL 7 YEARS TILL NOW.
    AFTER ALL THESE EXPERIENCES I FEEL CATHEDRAL IS THE BEST SCHOOL

31. sunil says:

I have passed out of this school. I am very proud in the teachers of this school in particular. I attribute the only peice of this school as out of the ordinary is the Teachers at the high school. Though the time I passed out was way back in 1995. Not sure we have that beautiful guidance today with the school.

There is no focus with the school management to excel in anything. They mixed the college and School infrastructure and dont seem to have any control over how they want to brand thier school towards excellence.

If anyone is passed out more recent could contradict my views about this school:-).

32. alisha says:

cathedral is an amazing school i have been in this school from my kinder garden and this school means alot 2 me i have passed out of 10std from cathedrals and its really a fantastic school

33. amala says:

cathedral is the best school i have studied at.Ihad to leave cathedral at year 8 in 2009 because of my dads transfer and miss cathedral a lot.I want to come back to cathedral badly.i alsomiss my friends.they were the best friends i had ever got.

34. Sidu says:

I hav passed out of 10th from cats. studying here from 1st std they staff have been changing. the kinder-garden to std 4 teaching is really good but after that its not upto the level.

bharathi Reply:

what is the fee structure and admission fee in the catedral school for LKG and Ist std