Sri Kumaran Childrenâ€™s Home, Uttarahalli, Bangalore
Sri Kumaran Children’s Home (CBSE) and (ICSE), popularly called Kumarans, is committed to excellence and this philosophy pervades every aspect of the institution. The institution has been striving to influence and enhance the quality of education by developing young children into responsible citizens. All-round development, discipline and leadership are the high points of the Kumarans culture. The school with almost 50 years in the education field has the continued support and involvement of parents in the south of Bangalore. We strive to see that the educational services provided in the school are aligned with the vision, mission, values and beliefs of the school.
Name of School
Sri Kumaran Children’s Home
Survey No 44 – 50, Mallasandra Village
Uttarahalli Hobli, Off Kanakapura Main Road
Bangalore South Taluk
Bangalore – 560062.
Phone Number: 080-65839365
Medium of Education
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and ICSE
Mrs. Meenakshi Balakrishnan (Director)
21 Per Class.
The school at present has classes from I to XII.
School Timings – ICSE
School Timings – CBSE
Mrs. Deepa Sridhar (CBSE) / Mrs Saroja Krishnamurthy (ICSE)
- 33 well- equipped large classrooms spread over three floors.
- It has three storeys with four separate laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science. All the labs are situated on the ground floor along with the Library, audio-visual room and auditorium.
- The computer labs are well equipped with over a 100 systems. All the computers are networked through LAN.
- The school is well equipped with Physics, Chemistry and Biology labs, which adhere to the National Curriculum Framework. Apart from this, our labs are equipped with the advanced experimental techniques used by the Senior Secondary students for their projects.
- Sri Kumaran CBSE Library, a place where one can lose sense of time and place, lose one’s identity while traveling through the myriad scenarios and situations with literature’s most famous heroes, immersing oneself in books of poetry and becoming privy to the world’s best guarded secrets by browsing through the tomes of encyclopedias.
- Multi- purpose auditorium that turns into a formal auditorium during our guest lectures and training sessions.
- Two art rooms that are used by children for their craft and drawing classes.
- The School Campus covers an area of 23 acres. The ICSE campus has spacious layout with separate playground facilities.
- It has four levels with separate laboratories for Math, Language and Computer Science at the first level and a full fledged Physics, Biology and Chemistry labs at level 4.
- There are two full fledged libraries at the second and third levels. Two spacious audio-visual rooms at level one and level four. An amphitheatre for open air activities is centrally placed.
- We have 36 well- equipped large classrooms spread over four levels. All our primary classes run on the first level, classes IV to VII on the second level and classes VIII to X on the third level.
- The computer lab is well equipped with over a 50 systems.
- Labs: For the science lab activities, classes 9th and 10th strictly follow the projects and experiments prescribed by the Council for Indian Certificate for Secondary Examinations. Each class is divided into three batches and are allotted each of physics, chemistry and biology lab session on a cyclic basis. Each lab session is of two consecutive periods duration.
- Library: Our library is a full-fledged one with a collection of 6477 books on various subjects and fiction. The library provides a number of periodicals, educational journals and dailies.
- Cafeteria: A beautiful cafÃ© style building was designed by one of our former parents, Mr. Harsha. Children can use the cafeteria to buy their snacks or hot lunch during lunchtime. Beverages (hot and cold) are available and fresh juices and tetra packed milk is also available for children.
- Health Centre: The school has a first aid centre. If a child is unwell or has had an accident, teachers send the child to the Health Centre and basic medication and first aid is given by an attending nurse.
Curricular and Co-curricular Activities
- Activities of this wing vary from spending quality time with senior citizens, physically and mentally challenged and ailing people. Students organize temple visits, birthday celebrations, and exchange programmes for these groups of people.
- Children also render their service in some NGOs(non-governmental organizations). On an individual level, students collect books, toys, clothes, or a fistful of rice everyday from their houses to be distributed among the needy. They also help raise funds by selling delicious home-made dishes and by selling hand-made artifacts.
- As a part of co-curricular activities various competitions such as collage, hand painting, puppet making, mask making, poster making so forth, are conducted and are judged. Children of classes VIII & IX design the cover page of notebooks and the school magazine.
- During hobby classes students interested in Art & Craft are made to work with different materials and the finished works are then displayed for an exhibition at the end of the academic year.
Admissions & Eligibility
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Details for 2010 – CBSE
- Online Application for CBSE for the year 2010-2011
Phone Number: 080-65839365
Phone Number: 080-65839365
N.A (check the website for more details or contact office)