Bishop Cotton Boy’s School, St. Marks Road, Bangalore

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (163 votes, average: 3.61 out of 5)

From its humble start on 19th April, 1865 at High Grounds Bangalore, Bishop Cotton Boy’s school has come a long way. It currently is situated on St. Marks Road in Bangalore on a 13 acres plot. The school boasts of several top names in its alumni list including Dr. Raja Ramanna, Nadan Nilekani, Phaneesh Murthy, Kiran Majumdar Shaw and Harish Bijnoor. It has been called the “Eton of the East” and is among the top three schools in India and no. 1 among metro schools in India.

School Bishop Cotton Boy’s School, Bangalore
Website http://www.cottonboys.com/home.php
Address Bishop Cotton Boy’s School
St. Mark’s Road
Bangalore 560001
India
Medium of Education English
Affiliations ICSE (till 10th), ISC(12th)
Grades Kindergarten to grade 12
Residential/Day/Mix Day and Boarding
Handicapped Students
Year Established 1865
Number of Students approx. 5,400
Student Teacher Ratio
School timings LKG (8:30 am – 12:30 PM)
UKG (8:30 am – 3:20 PM)
Junior School (8:30 AM – 3:20 PM)
Senior & Middle School (8:30 AM – 3:20 PM)
School results Bishop Cotton Boys’ School has won the accolade of the “Eton of the East
Extracurricular activities
  • Debate
  • Elocution
  • Dramatics
  • Music
  • Spelling Bee
  • Eureka (Quiz)
  • Exquizite (Quiz)
  • Cottons’ INXS (Music)
  • Spelling Bee
Map based location
View Larger Map
Colonel John Ellis (Retd.)
Branches Bishop Cotton Girl’s School, Bangalore
School Transport Available within city limits
School Building and Campus
Facilities and Infrastructure School building is spread over 13 acres of land, Libraries, computer lab, swimming, three playing grounds, club, book stores, parking facilities, canteen
Admission Details The admissions are mainly for the Kinder Garten Section. The students for other classes are considered based seat availability. Students must have passed previous class from a recognized English Medium School and must submit the Transfer Certificate from that school.
Minimum age for LKG is 4 years by June
Subjects in Standard X:

• English
  • Second Language – Hindi or Kannada or Tamil or French
  • Mathematics
  • History, Civics and Geography
  • Science – Biology, Chemistry and Physics
  • One optional subject – Accountancy/ Commerce/ Computer Science/ Economics/ Environmental Science/ Physical Education

Subjects in Standard XII:

• English
  • Second Language – Hindi, Kannada, Tamil , malayalam.
  • A modern Foreign Language
  • The students can opt for Science or Commerce Group.
  • Science Group -
    Any one of Biology / Electricity & Electronics / Computer Science
    Chemistry
    Mathematics
    Physics
  • Commerce Group :
    Economics
    Principles of Accounts
    Structure of Commerce
  • Any one of – Business mathematics/Structure of Modern Government/Computer Science

Bishop Cotton Boy’s School
St. Mark’s Road,
Bangalore – 560001
India

Phones : +91-80-22213835/608

Email: contact.us@cottonboys.com

Fees Day Scholars (~30,000 / year)
Boarders (~ 1.5 Lakh / year)
Contact Details Address:Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, St. Mark’s Road, Bangalore – 560001
Telephone:+91-80-22213835/608
Fax:
+91-80-22232536
e-mail:
contact.us@cottonboys.com
Brochure
School Video/Pictures

Frequently Asked Questions
In the news Bishop Cotton Boy’s School won the B.T. Ramaiah Shield under-15 tournament
Bishop Cotton bags a double
Bishop Cotton adjudged ‘best school in Bangalore’

Please review Bishop Cotton Boy’s School and provide feedback by using “post your review” button below

Technorati tags: , , ,

120 Responses to “Bishop Cotton Boy’s School, St. Marks Road, Bangalore”
  1. paro says:

i really dont understand as you said is this to now about the reveiw or to send the application form in this blog

2. jaya says:

There’s deep rooted corruption in Bishop Cotton Boys school admission. I applied for my younger son and he has his brother already studying at cottons. But still, he didn’t get the admission. That’s when the admission form clearly says that preference will be given to the sibling. I have never heard of a case where a sibling is denied the admission. Any attempt to meet the principal was futile. Still, I wrote two letters to the principal, but it all fell on deaf years. In the mean time while trying to speak to someone at cottons, we came across this PA of principal. He says, the admission could happen i we pay 3 lakh extra (basically bribe)….This school has gone to dogs. I want to escalate this issue but don’t know how and thru whom. Could anybody help me with this…

Guest Reply:

Dont bother with this school. There are at least fifty options around.

Guest Reply:

Trust my word for it I have spent ten years of hell here. There is nothing in this school apart from the fact its an economical option. Pathetic teaching and no extra cir activities. Most of the teachers here don’t even know English properly. The king of background they come from a student of a good family wont feel comfortable with them and wont accept them as teachers.

Kevin Mathews Reply:

Well Mr Guest the crown prince of the Travancore royal family my father studied there i studied there and now my son is studying there its a school that is built not for commoners like you the school has values which are inculcated in every cottonian and ccording to me your the type that would have got called to principals office every week

Guest Reply:

For your information never called into the principals office even once in ten years. This is about the level of education offered here. Nothing personal.

3. Manzoor Ahmad says:

Respected sir,

I Just want to know that why there wasn’t a proper selection for the LKG class. Why did you entertain thousands of admission forms when you had to select only around 400? Very disappointed with the selection process.

(Reply)

Kevin Mathews Reply:

Well mazoor the selection is done by the board of management of the school and the Church Of South India which is a part of the Brotherhood of Peter England the school selects a small amount of applications my father back in 2000 had to pay 3 lakhs as donation to sget in but i can tell you this men are shaped at cottons good day

4. Priyanka says:

Respected Sir,
    We have been residing in United Kingdom for last 12 years. we are planning to move to Banglore in June 2012. My son whose D.O.B is 11.04.2000, supposed to be in 7th class seeking for a place in your school(Bishop Cotton School for boys).Please let me know about the admission procedure and eligibilty criteria to get admission in the school.
    Looking forward to your positive response.

P.M

Kevin Mathews Reply:

I do not think the school entertains admissions for 6th and above.

5. LulzSec says:

You people do realize that posts on this website can’t be seen by the school, right? This area is meant for reviewing the school. School authorities don’t give a damn about what’s written here.

6. Sampath kumar says:

Respected sir,

What is the responsibility of parents, who admitted there son, in your prestigious school…

Regards,

Sampath (8197322870)..

farook Reply:

DONT EVER ASK HIM WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT IN SCHOOL TODAY and be prepared to kill his childhood by arranging tuitions for all subjects. The teachers here wont be employed as office peons in an international school.

7. Nilanjan says:

Hi All,

Just want to clarify, my cousin want to get admission in 9th Std.
    So when should I come for the admission formalities and what is the percentage criteria for the admission.

Nilanjan

8. Lemuelsmom says:

Hi All,

Is there anybody who has taken admission form for LKG 2012-13 from BCBS and not submitted, please contact me at 9880828393. This is very urgent.

9. Rajesh Bachhawat says:

Sir,

Tution fees are an investment in our child’s education and the formation of their sound foundation. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the School authorities to ensure that adequate financial resources are available for the school and that fees are as available and affordable as possible to all families. You esteemed school has truly made it true by making affordable tution fees for middle class families. Thank You.

Recently I have paid tuition fees of second term for my son on 27.02.2012 instead of due date 15.11.2011 for the reason can be described me as a careless parent. And for this mistake I have paid the price as Late Fee of Rs2150/- calculated @ Rs25/- per day delay because it is in fine print of your terms and regulations. The general purpose of a late fee is one of deterrence and to me it was very punitive. Being a business man generally for not paying a debt on time a administration fee is charged and that fee is not excessive but equivalent to the expense of collecting the unpaid money including loss of interest. If I calculate the late fees paid purely in terms of interest than it works out to @ 52% pa. I was forced to pay higher fees for the same services. Surprisingly if anyone is paying fees of both the terms together than there is no concession available.

I really appreciate your system of sending sms to parents when their son have not attended the school even for 2 days. This proves that you have very sophisticated computer system and good care. But I fail to understand why not the same sophisticated computer system is used to remind about paying fees in case of delay.

I am proud to send my son to your school because of its improved education system and care. But I request you to be a bit lenient on late fees and most importantly when you have good access to us.

Thank you.

10. Sarita says:

The Principal,
    Bishop Cotton Boy’s School
    Bangalore

Dear Sir or Madam

I am a parent seeking admission in your school for my son David currently studying 8th Standard IGCES at New Baldwin’s International Residential school, I would like to apply on behalf of my son for admission into 9th standard ICSE in your school.

Advaith, has been studying well at school equipped with strong academic background, and has developed good moral values and qualities. He attained good grades in all his subject, and was has been an Outstanding Student at school.

I am happy to enclose Advaith’s profile written by him for your reference.

I like to say that he is an ambitious, well motivated and hard working boy who is very keen to learn,I would be most grateful if you give him a chance and admit him in your school, where he will gain opportunities to strive for academic excellence in order to develop to his full potential.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

Sarita

Kevin Mathews Reply:

Well sarita i think cottons would be lucky to get a student like advaith but i think that a student of IGCSE background would find it tough to cope with ICSE

Guest Reply:

Why so IGCSE is as competitive. Its a rigorous program from the Cambridge university uk. In fact cottons had igcse till a few decades back. Think Mr. Balraj converted it.

Guest Reply:

This blog is not maintained or recognized by the schools administration.

11. kavitha says:

Sir we need Tamil medium teacher job in this school,because we are not apply any ware this is the first time,pls could you possible pls help me thank’u,what i due.

12. sunil kumar says:

i would like to have some details about the fee structure and admission procedure for class LKG for my Daughter & let me know the date of collecting the application form.

13. Pavithra says:

Hi
    My son’s DOB is 28th Aug 2009. I am interested in admitting him in your school for LKG. Will he be eligible and when? Please furnish the details &addmission Procedure . Thanks .

14. seetharam says:

MY SON IS 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS FOR 2012 JUNE, IS HE ELIGIBLE FOR LKG FOR THE ACADAMIC YEAR 2012 AT BISHOP COTTON BOYS HIGH SCHOOL

15. seetharam says:

did your son got admission? at 3 years 10 months into LKG

16. MR.MAHAVEER JAI says:

RESPECTED SIR

MY SON IS IN 5TH STD AND I WOULD LIKE TO ADMIT HIM IN UPCOMING YEAR I.E 6TH STD YOUR SCHOOL,SO GUIDE ME WITH THE ADMISSION DETAILS

17. jai says:

My son’s d.o.b is sep 30th 2010. I would like to know what is the minimum age for nursery and LKG.

18. Hussain T M says:

I am looking for admission for my son in 2nd std for the year 2012-13. Presently he is studying in 1std in a private school in Bangalore.As I was transferred here in June 2011 admission in your school was not possible.pleas inform me the procedure and when admissions will start.

19. reshma says:

respected sir,
    i would like to admit my son in grade 9.currently he’s studing in muscat (oman) with CBSE board. kindly send the admission deatils along with the fee structure
    thankx

20. kumar says:

hai my son is studing 7 std in maharastra now we are interested to join him in bishop from 8 to 12.will he be local in bangalore at the time of graduation

21. Saikrishna says:

The Principal,
    Bishop Cotton Boy’s School
    Bangalore

Dear Sir or Madam

I am a parent seeking admission in your school for my son Advaith Saikrishna, currently studying 8th Standard IGCES at New Baldwin’s International Residential school, I would like to apply on behalf of my son for admission into 9th standard ICSE in your school.

I am happy to enclose Advaith’s profile written by him for your reference.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

Saikrishna Boopalam

22. Rajeswari S.V says:

Dear sir,
    Really after seeing your school I felt very very happy no words to say ,students are lucky to study in your school.

23. Antara says:

Dear Sir,

My son’s DOB is 10 the aug 2009. I am interested in admitting him in your school in LKG. Will he be eligible and when? Please furnish the details.

Thanking you in advance.

24. Pramila says:

Respected Principal Sir,

I want to join my son to your prestigeous school. My son’s DOB is 3rd June 2008. Kindly let me know Is my Son eligible for LKG admission. and I want to know when application will be issued for academic year 2012-13.. please educate me with this regard.

25. neha gupta says:

respected sir’

my son’s DOB is 30th oct 2007. can i get admission in L.K.G.
    kindly let me know the admission procedure

26. Arijit says:

Hi

My son (DOB 14/02/2002) studies in Class IV at Patha Bhavan School, Kolkata under the West Bengal Board (medium of instruction is English). My daughter goes to the nursery class (she was born on 11/09/2007) at Future Foundation School, Kolkata (ICSE board).

I work in the IT sector and there’s a chance that I might move to Bangalore sometime soon. Is there any chance to admit my kids in the school in mid-session?

Arijit

27. Hello,
    R u got the admission this year in bishops cotton boys school.
    send me the reply to jayachristiyan@masteringcad.com. because my son also the same age group

28. Arun says:

I think your daughter is eligible for Nursery. My daughter was september 2007 and now we got admission for Nursery in Baldwins.

29. prashant says:

My sonDOB is 2nd NOV 2007. I am getting tranferred from Mumbai to bangalore. In mumbai he is studying in nursery and woudl complete the same by April. Will i get admission in LKG in bangalore

30. suji says:

umm..one of the reputed school in bangalore!!!!

old cottonian Reply:

If you ever wondered or want to experience and just see what would be the worlds worst ever educational institution then you need to put your child here. The faculty here are a bunch of arrogant animals who just scribble something on the board and expect the child to do everything at home. They are the least interested in the child’s development and have no time for individual focus with 60 students in the class. They are just concerned with the schools reputation and remove anyone cannot keep the schools record of 100 icsc results. They are the least bothered to focus on the child and help develop his are of interest. Seriouly this would effect the childs health and mental condition. Just stay away from the place.

Steve Reply:

Hello Mr. Cottonian,

What happened, I have plans to join my kid in this school, ur feedback frightens me, let me what happ to u?

Old cottonian Reply:

Nothing happened to me. Just want to say that there is no point in having an education if there is no continuity in it. It is heart breaking for me to see my class mates work as security guards and pizza delivery boys. They talk so much of one old cottonian. Just how many do you have. Its a ten year hell story for me. Cant put it here. Just avoid this place. There are too many students in the class and below average teachers. No one is going to ask your child what is the reaction between potassium dicromate and water. What matters is how much exposure your child is given. How much he is allowed to express himself. To what extent does the institute help in placing your child in the right university after his 12 grade. Thats education and giving your child that opportunity is what parenting is all about. Dont look at the campus, the class rooms, the playgrounds, your not there to buy the campus. Look at the teachers, the amount of individual attention your child gets. This phase of life comes only once in life. Giving your child the best is your duty as a parent. If you have choice of giving your child a one crore property or a education worth the same, give them the education. They would earn a lot more than that with the exposure the education gives them.

31. Manik says:

My Daughter is born on 8th June 2007. Is my daughter eligible to get in to LKG since she is becoming 4 Years on June 8th 2011 but the eligibilty is 4 Years as on June 1st 2011 please advice …. I need to make here wait for a year to Join LKG just because she is 8 days younger :(

som Reply:

It would be waste of one year if you admit her next year for LKG. Also she will be over age. Some parents think that delaying one year for Nursery or LKG is good for the child. But it is not. On long run it will create lot of other issues to the kid. Check other good schools too. There is no point in wasting one year. It will be a punishment for your daughter! So take the call accordingly.

32. sonia says:

hi sir,
    i would like to admit my son for grade 7 for this coming school year 2011.he is from indonesia. could you please send me the fee details and admission requirements.

pammi Reply:

Hi Sonia,
    Can u write to me at pammi_18@yahoo.co.uk.I’ll try to help u out with whatever little i am aware of. Currently ur son is styudying under which board?

33. Priyanka says:

Dear Sir,
    I really want my son to join this school.He will turn 4 in January,2012.Just wanted to know when will the admission process start for that and what does the process involve?

thanks.

34. Divya.N says:

hi..

My cousin is shifting to ‘lore frm chennai…he is ryt now in 8th std..so can we admit him in this school as he studied Tamil as a language…

35. Bhavesh jsin says:

I want to join my son in LKG.he is 3.1 old for june.
    can u pls send admission process? and fee details
    Thanks……..

36. Sridhar says:

My son is currently in Kindergarten in US. He will turn 5 this October 2010. Is he eligible to enter UKG @ your school?

thanks !

37. Rathna says:

Hai,

I would like to know some reviews from parents who’s children are already put up in Bishop Cotton Boys. My kid is in PreKG now. I am planning to put him in Bishop from LKG. I know it is a reputed school, but still would like to know from the parents. I am put in Sarjapura signal, that the only reason I am steping back as it is too far. But still if the school is really good and has bus facilities then I don’t mind. Please give me suggestions.

38. christina joseph says:

Respected Principal,

I am resident of Bangalore would like to join my son in your prestigious school for LKG Next June 2011. His DOB is 23-12-2006. I want to know when application will be issued for admission in LKG for academic year 2011-12.. please educate me with this regard.

39. confused says:

i dont understand why everyone is requesting for admission in this area, i thought this was for writing review about the school

Any reviews- I know this school has a very good reputation, but would like to know whether the standard is still being maintained?

Would like to know about reviews from parents whose children are studying here!!!

thanks,

40. sanjivsharma says:

dear sir,
    my son is born on 10th oct 2001 & we want to know whether he is eligible for 4th std admission in your esteemed school i.e bishop cotton boys school.
    sanjivsharma

41. deepak singh says:

Respected Principal,

I am Deepak Singh resident of Bangalore would like to join my son in your prestigious school for LKG Next June 2011. His DOB is 09-05-2007. Is he eligible for admission? I want to know when application will be issued for admission in LKG for academic year 2011-12.. please educate me with this regard.

Best Regards +Thanks,
    DEEPAK SINGH

42. rashmi prasad says:

respected principal sir,
    my elder son already studies in your school,my younger son is going to be 3 years and 10 months in june so could he get admission to lkg in bishops this year itself,otherwise hes going to miss out on one whole year.

43. SImi says:

Principal,
    I want to join my son in this prestigious school in PreKG… Can u let me know when the application forms be issued??

Thanks in advance
    Simi

44. Smita says:

Dear Principal
    My son will be 3 yr’s 7 months in june 2011. i would like to know whether can be get admission in your esteemed school. is it compulsory for him to complete 4 yrs as of june 2011… pls let me know

45. Kavitha says:

I want to join my daugher in LKG.she is 3.10 old for june.
    can u pls send admission process? and fee details
    kavitha

46. madhumita says:

Sir,
    My son will be 3.1 in June 2011.Can I get admission in LKG in Bishop Cottot boy’s school.Please let me know the above information.

Thanks & regards,
    Madhumita

47. sarath varma P says:

Dear Pricipal,

Kindly let me know the admission proceedure for std. IX along with fee structure.

When the admission will start?

I also want to know the admission proceduere.

Pl help me for passing the above information asap.

Regards,

Sarath varma

48. Abdulrahman says:

i would like to have some details about the fee structure and admission procedure for class UKG for my son & let me know the date of collecting the application form.

49. edu says:

@dr.swetha
    Your child would complete 3 y 3 months by june 2010. So to my knowledge eligible for Nursery ( In any school following Kindergarten).
    Also that is the right age for Nursery and not for LKG.

@Madhu,

Yes, your child should start LKG in the academic year 2010. 3 yrs 11 Month is too old to be in Nursey and 4 Yrs 11 Months is too old to be in LKG. Also if you wait for 2011 your child will loose 1 year and the kid will be in 1st std when 6 years 11 Months which is one month less to 7 Years and is overage. Pls check with other schools too. Some schools don’t really care about 1 month difference.

Thanks.

S V Agarwal Reply:

Dear Som as you have said being overage leads to problems later for kids. I’ld really like to know what problems they will face later, as my son is also of same age

50. dr.swetha says:

respected sir,

My son’s DOB: 20th Feb 2007. Is my Son eligible for LKG admission? Also, let me know if the admission is open.