The International School Bangalore (TISB), Whitefield, Bangalore
October 27, 2007 by Bangalore School Admin
Filed under Affiliated Board / Curriculum, Day and Residential/Boarding, IGCSE Schools, International Baccalaureate (IB) Schools, International Schools, Bangalore, Sarjapur, School Location, School Type
The International School Bangalore (TISB) is one of the premier education institutes in Bangalore. It is a private school founded by Dr. K. P. GopalKrishna and is a sister school of National Public Schools, Bangalore.
The focus of the school is not only on academic excellence but also on all-round development of students. The students are mostly from rich NRI families as the fees is very high.
The other thing about this school is that their session ends somewhere in August so most of the Indian competitive exams are over by then. The staff at TISB said their focus is on getting students into premier institutes in USA, UK, Australia etc.
|School||The International School Bangalore (TISB)|
|Address||The International School
NAFL Valley, Whitefield – Sarjapur Road,
Near Dommasandra Circle,Bangalore – 562 125
Karnataka, India.Phone: +91 80 27822550
|Medium of Education||English|
|Affiliations||TISB is affiliated to IB Diploma Programme and IGCSE|
|Grades||Classes from pre KG to Grades X|
|Residential/Day/Mix||Day and Boarding|
|Number of Students||~800|
|Student Teacher Ratio||25:1|
|School timings||8 am to 3:30 pm|
|Extracurricular activities||Art Society,Business@school
Chess,Dance,Drama,Electronics,Hobbies Unlimited,Indoor Games,Table Tennis,Badminton,Squash,Billiards,Karate,Creative Writing,Model United Nations,Music,Scrabble,Speech and Debate,Soft Ball,Web Design
|Map based location||
View Larger Map
|Principal||Dr Matthew Sullivan|
|School Building and Campus|
|Facilities||Libraries, laboratories, art studio, drama space, music room, audio-visual room, art auditorium, athletic track, hockey, cricket and football fields, swimming pool, basketball, volleyball, tennis, squash and badminton courts, billiard room and a gymnasium|
|School Pictures and Videos||
|Admission||The admissions are normally completed between January and June for most classes. Entrance tests and interviews are held for entry into the middle and senior schools.
Download the application form for TISB
The school is always pleased to receive enquiries from parents without commitment on their part and encourages them to visit the school with their child, by prior appointment, in order to find out as much as possible about the institution.
Once they are convinced this is the right school for their child, parents are requested to submit the required documents and follow procedures set out below to enable us to consider their children for admission.
1. Fill out the application form for Registration.
2. For entry into KGI, the student must have attained the age of 4 years by August. The boarding facilities are open to students from Grade IV upwards.
3. Submit the application form together with a copy of the childâ€™s three years reports, a copy of the birth certificate, three
passport size photographs and character certificate (applicable to students above Grade III)
4. Include a non-refundable deposit of US $100 with the application form (local parents to pay Rs.3, 000.00) towards registration.
5. Wait to be called for testing and interview. Parents will be notified about the date and venue for the tests. Children must
ensure that they arrive promptly.
6. The tests will be conducted as follows:
There is no fixed syllabus for any of these tests. They follow a multiple choice question paper pattern. Students must carry a pencil and an eraser with them. Calculators are not permitted.
An evaluation will be carried out on the basis of the marks obtained in the tests and three years reports. Short listed candidates will be called for an interview.
7. You will be contacted within a fortnight, informing you whether your application has been successful.
8. If your child is offered a place at the school and you wish to accept it, you must pay the first semester fees immediately.
Failure to do so will render the seat being cancelled and being offered to the candidate next on the waiting list.
9. On being granted admission, the following forms will need to be filled in:
Agreement / Indemnity Bond
10. Successful candidates, after paying the first installment of fees, must pick up the following slips from the office.
Class entry slips
Dorn entry slips
Students are not permitted into the hostels / classrooms, it they do not have the above slips.
11. Grade XI admission â€“ IB
a. On passing the entrance examination, provisional admission will be offered to candidates seeking admission into
b. Successful candidates will be required to pay the first semester fees and produce the following documents.
1, School Leaving Certificate
2. Pass Certificate or equivalent document.
12. Subject choice â€“ Grade XI and XII
Student will be assessed on the subject chosen and if found suitable will be permitted to carry on studying subjects of
their choice. If the candidate is found to be weak in the concerned subject(s), the parents will be notified and proper
guidance will be provided for alternative choice of subject.
a. Students admitted as year boarders will not be permitted to change their status at any point of time.
b. Week boarders may be permitted to change to year boarders, while day boarders may change to week or year boarder
depending upon availability of vacancies in the homes. The difference in fees will need to be paid. Once the change
has been made, students will not be permitted to revert back to their old status.
c. If due to unforeseen circumstances, a year boarder changes to a week boarder / day boarder or a week boarder
changes to a day boarder, fees will neither be refunded nor adjusted.
14. Withdrawals & Refunds
a. Under no condition will any refund be made once the child has been granted admission.
b. If fees are not paid on time, parents will be asked to withdraw their children or a fine of 10 % will be levied.
c. Year end (after one academic year) withdrawals must be intimated to the office in writing by April 30th failing which a
penalty of one term fees will be levied.
The school arranges to pickup / drop outstation students from the airport according to the vacation schedule listed in the
school calendar. To ensure smooth functioning of the travel department concerning leaving and receiving students,
bookings will be done by the school. Written permission accompanied by advance payment is a prerequisite for travel
arrangements. Parents who do not wish to avail the travel arrangement by the school will be required to make their own
arrangements, including pickup and drop from the airport. Pick up from the airport will only be done according to the
arrival dates as per the calendar.
16. Payment of fees
1. Fees are to be paid in one or two installments.
2. Occasional cost incurred by the children (lost books damage to the school plant etc.) will be billed to the parents.
3. Cost towards excursions, pocket-money, uniform, telephone, travel etc. must be paid in advance.
4. Bank transfers should be made to : The International school â€“ NAFL Trust, Standard Chartered Bank, Bangalore, Account No. 45605011460 for foreign currency depositors and Rupee Account No,45605011460 for Indian Rupee depositors.
SWIFT Address of Bangalore branch : SCBLINBBXXX
For further details kindly contact : Admission Office
The International School
Bangalore – 562 125
Phone: +91 80 27822550
|Fees||~ Rs 5,60,000 (day scholar) and ~ Rs 6,50,000 (boarder)|
Please review TISB and provide feedback by using “post your review button below”